Sunday, January 21, 2007

Picnics

Last night we had one of our picnics. Not the one where you load up a basket and head to the park to fight off ants. We had one of our not so unusual bed picnics. Since my husband cannot sit in a regular chair at the dinner table, we often bring dinner to him. I spread out a sheet on my side of the bed to catch the spilled food and put our son's "bed table" on there too. His bed table is one of those breakfast-in-bed tables that would normally go over your legs. He can sit up to it like a regular table becaue he is only 3 feet tall. We all have dinner in bed with daddy. Our son loves these picnics and so does my husband. While my mother shudders at the thought that we do not have a sit-down-dinner-at-the-table like other normal families, we enjoy it. I think it is very important that we have dinner together as a family, and not so important where we have it. So if you have someone with RSD in your house who can't participate in the traditional dinner, consider a bed picnic.

No comments: